It requires substantial amount of time, money and patience to create premium web content that can convince readers, generate interest and lead to conversions. If you do not have an in-house copywriter or content writer, you can opt for copywriting services. If you wish to create your own content, these 5 tips could help.
1. Understand customer needs
To create marketing content that yields results, you must first understand what your customer wants. So it is important to put yourself in your customers’ shoes and think from their perspective, for instance, what your customers really want to make more informed decisions. While search engine data, social media interactions and web analytics will provide useful information on what is clicking with the audience, the best approach is to talk to your customers directly. Jack Welch of GE once told a GE executive, “Go talk to our customers. They never lie to you.”
2. Create content that lives up to your customer needs
Once you identify your customers’ needs, you can focus on mapping your content to match those needs. As a case point, if you run a weed killing company, you might like to initiate conversation with prospective leads by writing articles on lawn care or even invite home owners to share pictures of troublesome weeds.
3. Market your content
Put your content where your buyers might find it. You can promote your content on your website or blog, or share in on social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn etc. The other alternate is to include the content in your newsletter or share links in your email marketing campaigns.
4. Adapt to changing technologies
As the saying goes, the only constant is change. At a time when technological advances are just a speed of thought, it is important to adapt to new content generation and distribution practices. People change, technologies change and so in order to keep in step, your content also has to change.
5. Identify and implement metrics to measure your initiative
Metrics are important to monitor the success of your content marketing campaign. The metrics can be developed around three areas:
- Consumption metrics: The metric will help you understand how many times your blog was visited or your mobile app was downloaded.
- Sharing metrics: Know the level of support your content is generating and how often it is being shared, especially on the big three – Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Lead generation metrics: This will let you know if someone is reviewing your content or considering a purchase.
Follow these 5 tips and you will be on your way to dynamic, valuable and magnetic content. Or, alternatively hire the services of a copywriting company in India that can provide you engaging, value-driven content that leads to greater conversions.