Online marketing is set to dominate this year and is likely to give rise to a huge demand for good copywriting services.
As one industry expert puts it, “copywriting skills will become more important than ever in 2011 as quality of content starts to be the decider in many online advertising campaigns.
Whether your company is business-to-business or business-to-consumer, selling almost anything in today’s economic climate is a challenging task. Whether you wish to advertise online or in print, good copy can make all the difference in capturing the attention of your target audience.
A seasoned copywriter would be able to come up with an interesting, standout headline to attract attention. There is then a good chance that your future customer or client would want to know more about your products or services. At this critical moment, your potential customer should encounter readable, informative, engaging and highly persuasive copy.
Whether you are writing the copy of the ad yourself or engaging the services of a professional copywriter, here are some guidelines that you can keep in mind while reading or reviewing an ad copy.
• Define what you wish to sell before you begin to create the ad.
• Keep your target audience in mind while copywriting your ad.
• Define the benefits of the products or services. While features are important, it is the perceived value offered that prompts a reader to perform the call to action.
• While creating the ad copy, seek inspiration from the ads that attracted your attention and try to identify what were the factors that made them stand out.
• Avoid making ego statements while copywriting unless you are skilled enough to be humorous, humble and modest.